Friday, March 21, 2014

Reflections at the airport

I'm on transit from Dollow to Hargeisa at the Mogadishu airport,the waiting time is a whole 4 hours.........................I'm too lazy/my mind just wants to wander and do random stuff rather than catch up with work or do anything that involves actual thinking plus I have learnt the value of living in the moment(with age comes wisdom) so somewhere in between facebooking and reading random stuff on the net I actually did some work related stuff(4 hours is pretty long) and spent time just thinking and looking at the other passengers(weird of me right?)

I see mothers who are travelling with their kids there was one that had five small kids, mothers are the official stars of each family getting tea and snacks for their kids(the airport in Mogadishu has a coffee place how cool is that :-) ) and trying to convince them that they do not need the sweets and the chewing gum that some lady was selling but finally buying them because the kids insisted.The kids joyfully chatting about very interesting stuff,checking out the planes and just having fun and recording stories they'll go tell their friends in very interesting ways I'm sure.Conclusion reached the joys of motherhood are immeasurable(I have always known this) what beats these small people who want your attention so much they keep on pulling on your clothes so that you look at them when they are talking to you.With this said I'm getting a really big family InshaAllah.

Home will always be home...........you should see the Somalis from the diaspora at the airport I could tell because some had these passports from other countries, others from their dress code and others well I could just tell from how unused to the heat they were like there was this dude whose shirt was soaked in sweat and it was a relatively cool day.Somalis are so patriotic each of these people spoke in Somali.

There are women soldiers in the AMISOM!!!!!! I saw women soldiers with the AMISOM uniform at the airport..............shock what!!!!!! I always knew there are women in the army but the fact that they sometimes go to very dangerous missions like this one I didn't know so maybe me living in Luuq isn't too bad.

Lastly seeing people waiting to pick their loved ones made me miss the days when my mum would come pick from the bus station when I travelled home now I'm too old I guess but she still cooks for me chapatis each time :-) so cherish all the little things because someday you'll realize they were the big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment