Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Story of the gals in my life

As I'm still recovering from my ninjaness of deciding to run the beyond zero marathon with very little exercise(skipping rope for not more that 1 hour total and jogging whilst carrying Sokor for the sole purpose of making her laugh). I figured March 8th let me write about the women(gals) that Allah has blessed me with lucky for me many but the ones I really hang out with 4 because I'm too lazy and rarely leave the house when I'm home.People visit me please I will cook and  have very interesting stories  to tell :-)

Top on this list is my mum no words can explain how much my mum is a star,she knows everything even that story you told her 10 years ago and completely forgot about she will raise it at some point when its relevant,she is and I'm not exxagerating the best cook ever.My mum's place has to be the best hang out.she will only cook your favourite food when you are at home and most days are feasts and because I am me and I'm always scared of being fat  and love all the junk food in this world I will eat all the fries and chapo and nowadays my resolve is zero kitambo I could you know eat a piece of chapo and stop now I eat many so envitably weight has come and my mum will say he na umekonda siku hizi(what else can beat this level of support) and then I hear her and my sister talking about the way I have put on weight when they think I can't hear.Isorait Mresh but I digress.

She worked really hard and ensured that we got all we needed and were happy, when we were small she sewed dresses for our dolls,plaited their hair and all that,and some evenings she will us tell us stories and each story had a moral lesson. She had mastered parenting, when I was small there was nothing more I wanted more than to go to some 'fancy boarding school' aka Turesia girls, the school was out my mum's range at that point but there was no way she was breaking my heart with this reality so everytime she will tell me,'mum next term nitakupekeleka huko' and I will fantasize about everything boarding school this went on until I finished primary school and then she says si unaona si wasichana wa Turesia pekee yao hu-pass. She knows what research I want to do for my Msc better than me and has even offered a portion of her shamba and asks haiya zile nyanya zako utapanda lini(as I have no definite timeframe I just keep quite),mum maliza shule, hii uvivu wachana nayo....................I pray that she always remains happy and has all her heart desires.

Mresh,this gal knows everything,there is no way I could ever know what she knows, as she puts it wewe kuna kitu ingine unajua kubaki story za job(story of my life in one sentence).One day as we are watching some music show on TV a song comes on.

Mresh: Unajua Sauti Sol walicopy Banky W kwa ile song yao ya Still the One.

Me:Banky W ni nani?

Before she could wonder under which rock I live and I'm not playing the song that came immediately after Yes/No is still the one and between these two some one clearly copied the other's video concept.She has schooled me on so many things,most importantly standing up for myself ,minding my own business and what people think of  me is none of my business, a diamond by all standards this gal.

Sokor:My little niece,I love her  more that anyone myself included.Yaani she has been my teacher feeding a baby check,washing a baby check,changing diapers check,singing to a baby check,making a crying baby laugh check,feeding her sugary food behind her mothers back check and so many other things.If you look through my phone so many pictures and videos of her.I pray and want the very best for her and Insha aa Allah Mresh, mum and me will be those old women who'll be dancing at her graduation and wedding :-)

Miss Katra: Story of how we met at some point we worked for the same agency.I was new and she added me on FB,her security settings then  allowed me to look through her pictures before being her friend, I remember thinking to myself avoid this chick what!!!!!!!!!!!pictures at safari sevens without Hijab so I lengad that request.But I'm loud she is loud so we become friends slowly.............. we sat at lunch together,then we travelled home together and courtesy of her stories,music on her phone and us deciding to get braces at the same time we became friends.One of the most beautiful people (inside and outside) I know,has fun to the extremes who decides to go to coasto to party on her own in a single afternoon? but I guess opposites attract.I became louder and understand more in relation to partying and being carefree thanks to her and as Mresh says huyu Katra amekufundisha urembo(by association I guess)



No comments:

Post a Comment