Monday, October 26, 2020

Mummy Brain

 

I have two little boys who just turned one.Before them I had a really strong memory.I would remember the small details.Pregnancy brain did not affect me.I remembered everything.I thought I am superwoman I am leaving this unscathed.Little did I know that I will pay for this once the boys were here.

These days I am that old woman.I will pick my phone to call someone and would not remember who it was.I will take the remote to watch something and would not remember the station I wanted to tune to.

More and more I realize mummy brain is a gift.Babies can test you.Like Bashir who the other day waited to have his diaper removed before he pooped on the carpet or Fahmi who throws everything on the floor.

My little ones are mischief kings but this does not make me love them less or see them negatively.Everything is quickly forgotten.Also mums are time savers and efficient.These days I am the one who submits everything before deadline.Sometimes I forget I did but I have never missed a deadline in the past year :-) :-). Allah`s infinite wisdom

Mommies out there how did you beat this forgetfulness??

No comments:

Post a Comment