Friday, March 30, 2018

I found love..............on the internet!

The internet is where I spend most of my free time on and sadly I don't use the internet to read world news or any serious stuff, because its free time I use the internet for entertainment.The many hours spent online haven't all been a waste, I have learnt how to do my make-up,to do two strand twists,flat twists,cornrows,french braids and loads of recipes.This is to say at my core I am a lover of lifestyle content. Sites that I have grown to love and frequently visit and think some people who read this blog might enjoy are; 

The Warm Fruit -her Instagram and her blog


I found this site because of curiosity, I went to the same high school with Kari Mugo, she was one of the cool kids and when I saw her on my suggestions lists I clicked on her page to see how she is doing, to see if she made it big, because let me tell you,all the people I went to high school with are in the big leagues.Make it big she has,she writes professionally and makes an income from this,she is an activist and has one of the warmest IG pages I follow.There is no day I go to her page and I am not smiling after.

Check out her blog, I promise you will love it.

Soafricane- her Instagram and her blog


I have the hugest girl crush on Marie Ainomugisha,she is the girl behind Soafricane.She writes about food,natural hair and her travels.Her blog I especially love because it has a lot of useful content, I got the 'recipe' for my daily hair spritz from there and challenged myself to make her breakfast recipes,which sadly I haven't gotten to but someday soon.I think I have read every single article on her blog and sometimes just re-read them,she is that good.

If you want to up your cooking game with easy to follow and very delicious recipes,are looking for natural hair ideas or just want travel inspo,she is your girl. Do yourself a favour and check her out.

Lamic Kirabo-her Instagram and her blog



When I was a teenager,I used to play this game where I would take pictures of celebrities to my mum and ask her which one looked the most like me and always my mum because she is my number one hype person without fail,she pointed to the prettiest of all or she just read me and choose the one I loved the most.

This game I still play but nowadays I don't ask anyone,I just decide who I want to look like and Lamic Kirabo is the girl I want to look like on most days,universe do you thang!!. She studies fashion in Paris,as in her parents are superstars they pay her tuition to study fashion in the world's fashion capital.She has fashion blog and instagram account that looks like a fashion magazine,sometimes if she is too busy at school and doesn't post much I miss her,I love her this much.



You know the way Kenyan gossip blogs have catchy titles that always ensure you click on the stories,the girls who work at Zumi are masters of this,only that they write primarily about girl stuff.Their titles though, they have you thinking you are about to read world's most important and hidden beauty secrets 😂😂. I also love Zumi because their articles are relatively short and organised into different categories and that it is an online magazine with a female focus that has mainly girls/female writers on their team.




This is a podcast that I so love.It's articles that people send in to the owner of this podcast(New York Times), the team who work for the podcast then choose which ones to share and has dramatic people read them.Each time I am doing routine housework like cleaning,I have Modern Love playing and I haven't listened to one story I hated. Some stories are sad,some are happy,some so relatable but all a good to listen to.The readers they get are the true winners,they make you see the drama,mainly because they are actors/actresses .If you are looking for podcasts to listen to I highly recommend this one.

Which online pages are you loving and would recommend, I would love to know 😊😊.

No comments:

Post a Comment