Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Battle of the chocolates

The best salad ever!

It's funny that I am writing this post, because truth be told, I am not exactly a chocolate person.I can go for months without even thinking of them but once I taste them, even just one bite,it's downhill from there. I will have many many bars to satisfy my cravings, ones I didn't know I had and go back to not thinking or craving them. What makes me take that first bite, many things, but mostly feeling lost and me finding myself and comfort in the dark,soft delicious world of chocolates or when I achieve something and I reward myself with sweet unhealthy things.These days I am bordeline obese!! and I have been forced to be better: drink more water, walk more and eat better.After months of no success I lost two whole kgs 💪💪 and this as we all know calls for celebrations, what better time to eat chocolate, no other time trust me.

And the nominees for this battle are..................

A packet of mini chocolate bars is pretty perfect for celebrating life's small achievement. The plan was to have three celebratory bars and to have the rest on very special occasions (lies I tell myself 😛😄).Not to look like a glutton I might have eaten 10 mini-bars the day I got them.As I sat and ate them shamelessly, I thought 'why not write about my bad ways and rate the chocolates?' So here we are talking about this,the almost impossible that some chocolates are better than others.

Do you remember in high school, when the teachers brought back exam papers and had them arranged from lowest to highest, just to confuse the students but everyone knew this and dreaded having their names called first. The results for this exam are out and all these 'students' are A students just that others have stronger As.

4) Milky way

This is so sugary!!!! because the filling is some white thing that if I didn't know better I would think it was milk saturated with castor sugar. I literally got a toothache from eating this, because I chew my chocolates and the many years of indiscriminate eating of sugar is catching up with me.If you love SWEET things then you will definitely love this chocolate and if you are in need of a sugar/energy boost this will serve you well.


3) Mars

This very chocolatey and yum and the caramel filling is so soft(because hot temperatures :-D :-D) and oh so delicious.This good chocolate as it really is chocolatey.

2) Bounty

The person who invented Bounty has to be Swahili and a Swahili female at that.Whilst making nazi to make rice she thinks 'ehh bwana, coconut shreds coated with chocolate will be bomb!!!! she tries and realizes it is indeed bomb, thanks to her we now have Bounty.I love Bounty because there is so much coconut in there it seems that you are eating a healthy snack.

1) Snickers

Peanuts? good snack.Chocolates? the best comfort food.How does one merge health and comfort?  by making a perfect combination of these two and Snickers are the answer.When you want healthy and want to justify that chocolates are indeed a salad Snickers is what you get.

There is the small illusion of healthy food in both Bounty and Snickers which makes them good chocolates and I also checked their calories per mini-bar and they aren't too high,high but not too high, so if say you had 10 minis you could still have a cup of tea and be within your calories allowance for the day.

Which are you favourite chocolates and what makes you binge eat them? I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment